June 16th is National Fudge Day over in the US and we couldn't help but get involved by whipping up some scrumptious vegan fudge of our own.
We've teamed up with vegan blogger Petite Elise to bring you a simple recipe for truly irresistible vanilla coconut vegan fudge coated in peppermint chocolate, inspired by her favourite Tropic Product, Lip Fudge Plumping Lip Conditioner. You're going to want to make these right now!
Vegan Vanilla Coconut Fudge coated in Peppermint Chocolate
Ingredients for the fudge:
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats blended into oat flour
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- vanilla bean paste
- A pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for the peppermint chocolate coating:
- Two lines of dark chocolate (around 8 squares)
- A heaped spoonful of coconut oil
- a few drops of peppermint oil flavouring
- In a high-speed blender blitz the oats into a fine oat flour.
- Add the tahini, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil (no need to be melted), vanilla bean paste and salt and blend it all together.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and smooth out your healthy fudge, creating a square of fudge.
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes whilst you create your melted chocolate coating. To do this, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in-between. Add the peppermint oil and stir.
- Remove the fudge from the freezer and using a large knife, carefully cut into rectangular shapes before dipping into the chocolate, covering both sides.
- Place back onto baking paper and place in the fridge. Keep refrigerated until you're ready to eat them all up!